Thread: Ubuntu 20.04LTS can't get on the Internet anymore ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question Ubuntu 20.04LTS can't get on the Internet anymore ?

Our House lost power, all electricity, for a few minutes today. My PC running 20.04 was on when power was lost and of course was knocked out. When electricity was restored a few minutes later after resetting house clocks etc. tried to reboot my PC in signature line below. PC restarted OK and 20.04 appears to run A-OK overall but can't get in internet anymore!

Did call my Internet provider who did tests on their end saying all is well on their end. Said problem must be in my PC or Linux OS. Did shutdown my PC and rebooted in Windows 10 which ran fine including getting on the WWW. Am now running Ubuntu 18 LTS on this PC and it runs fine including getting on the WWW, which I am doing now using Ubuntu 18 to post this issue here.

Anyone know what is needed to get Internet working again with Ubuntu 20? Hope there is an easy fix. Ubuntu 20 still ran great, up until this electricity power loss today.
    Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS 64bit Ext4 on a Dell Studio XPS Desktop Intel® Core™ i7-860 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR3 ram

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 20.04LTS can't get on the Internet anymore ?

Does your admin tool allow you to check for connected devices? Is the machine listed?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu 20.04LTS can't get on the Internet anymore ?

Not sure how to check that?
    Ubuntu 20.04.06 LTS 64bit Ext4 on a Dell Studio XPS Desktop Intel® Core™ i7-860 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR3 ram